It has been reported that nine children from a family became ill after eating maggi noodles in Madhya Pradesh’s Chhatarpur.
The condition of the children became worse and were then referred to Gwalior Medical College, but the parent company of Maggi noodles, Nestle, has rejected the claim. The company said it has probed into the matter and the product that the children had consumed was not of its company.
The company said that “We wish them a speedy recovery. We strongly disagree with allegations made against us, we have probed the matter and can confirm that product in question is not a Nestle India brand.”
The doctor of the primary health centre of Naugaon said it is a case of food poisoning and the Tehsildar of Nagaon said that a further probe will prove if the children fell ill because of the noodles or because some insect fell into it while cooking it.