Reports claim that over 70 students and teachers of a reputed school in Kohima experienced food poisoning after consuming food cooked by students in a farewell party for its class XII students!
The students were hospitalised in various hospitals in Kohima and displayed symptoms like vomiting, sweating, diarrhea and fever. It was revealed by a private nursing home that 53 students were admitted there, out of which 15 to17 students had severe symptoms. A source said that “All the beds in the hospital are occupied and more students continue to come in.”
The main suspect in this whole episode is thought to be the dessert made by the students, which reportedly contained milk and eggs. The farewell party was thrown for the class XII students of the school by students of class IX, X and XI. Even the parents, who consumed the dessert carried home by their children, were admitted in the hospital, sources said.